I write stuff.
- Advertising copy for print, web,social media, broadcast and more
- Newsletters & collateral
- Magazine features
- Funny stuff (in my opinion), inspiring stuff, educational stuff, stuff about kids, pets, products, and just about anything I can write from experience or by doing massive amounts of research (I love the Google)
- While a majority of my work has leaned toward the creative side, I am also interested in technical writing. I can make technical language more consumer-friendly, or keep it straightforward, detailed and to the point.
I edit stuff.
- I was an editor for Green Living AZ magazine, an eco-conscious lifestyle magazine, for four years
- On the healthcare front, I have edited and written for Vim & Vigour magazine.
- I was previously a medical editor for Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation, and currently work with Healthways and McMurry Publishing.
- When I'm not "working," I'm still editing. I find typos on websites, during my kids' bedtime stories, in books and magazines. It's really annoying, but I can't help myself. In fact, I have a sign over my desk that says, "I'm silently correcting your grammar." And I am.